Excuses, excuses

Yes, that's right. this post is about everything that has been going on with me in the last three weeks. These are the excuses that I'm seeking to hide behind as valid reasons for being a shirker and not writing Ho Hum Part Four. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to act pricey. I will write, and soon. It's just that soon is not today. Sigh.

Anyway, some things that happened to me...

The most standard excuse, and the truest one, is that I have been insanely busy with work. It has come to a point when there are very few hours in a day when I'm not thinking of work. I'm morphing into one of Them so fast, it's scary. My boss even yelled at me for working like a donkey.

The second thing (first in order of importance) is that I went to the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival and met Samit Basu, author, amateur film-maker and latest groupie magnet. My version of groupiedom was wide-eyed adoration, laughing at Everything and saying 'Ehehehehehe...yes' on being asked if my name is S. There was a soul braver than mine who more or less propositioned the guy (y'know, the entire "I'll be there if you are" spiel. Shudder). And one very strange guy asked the father of Gameworld why he thought that writing can be frustrating when the strange guy never faced any frustration as a writer. I discovered that I still cringe in embarrassment when other people do stupid things. I was fluttering for three days after the momentous occasion, so there was no mindspace for anything else. And I have a sneaky feeling that the Silver Dagger is Mr. B's desired alter ego. What do you think?

The third thing is that suddenly my social life (which currently revolves around one person only) has become very full and exciting. And blogging has been hit. But I promise to manage time better.

Oh and some other personal stuff happened which messed up my head a bit. But that's more or less resolved.

Part IV by Monday, promise.

And next time I'll come up with better excuses.

Comments

I went to the kolkata launch and actually talked to him.gasp.
of course, i was pretty much out of my mind. i much have acted weirder than usual, because the first thing he said to me while signing my book was "what have you been muttering away to yourself about?"
AND doubletalking priyanka will probably tell you what she did to me. sob.
Anonymous said…
kala ghoda.. i missed it this year!

i remember you are that woody allenesque writer! Awaiting ho hum 4.. :)
HOW does ana manage to sound tiny and innocent always? growl.

and samit basu and kala ghoda are perfect excuses. one i've met, the other i want to visit at least once before i die.
maybe because i am? hee hee.
well, tiny i am, at least.

sorry sangy, but i'm commenting like crazy because i've got that convenient thing called blogger's block.
arunabh said…
It's Wednesday already?!?
heh? ok said…
@ new age scheherazade
hee hee haha. i must have farted because he drew me a burping turtle for good digestion. how's that for embarrassing?

@ lash
well, here it is. enjoy.

@ doubletake, doublethink
it's the petite woman thing. works for me as well. well, not really the tiny bit.

@ new ager, again
feel free. stops my blog from feeling endangered.

@ arunabh
ah, but it's monday again. that's the beauty of it :P
probe said…
i'm intrigued about this new epicentre in your social life
heh? ok said…
@ probe
how much footage do you want? attention freak, you.

Popular Posts