Again

Sometimes, it's the unasked questions that rankle unexpectedly. The other day, I decided to restart a knitting project I had, in my usual way, abandoned seven years ago. But my fingers no longer remembered the pattern. I'd almost picked up the phone to call and ask before I realized that it was no longer an option. Over the last nine years, there have been so many things to ask, so many conversations to have, which will never be.

What was that pesky knitting pattern? How do you make your patented dry fish curry? Do you really like him, or are you just saying so 'cause I do? How do both the ends of your Mughlai paratha join so seamlessly? Can you believe I have to wear sarees to work now? Can I just drop everything and come home?

Most days, I'm at peace with life, mostly because I've never expected it to be fair. But the unguarded moment seems to always be around the corner, waiting to undo me again. But you did a good job of teaching how to pick up the pieces, every time.

Comments

probe said…
would i have been approved?
raghu said…
happened to me to days back.
heh? ok said…
@ probe
haha, the great unknown.

@ raghu
well then you know.
Small things sometimes happen so quickly in our day to day life that we are in no help when we sit and try to recall those....

Good start....

Now i am a new jerk this time to find you....

I may call this a help from you....
Please have a look at my blog, if you had a moment to spare to read my say.... in http://sanrajsri.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=1

Thanks if you have a chance to go to this link...and I need an earnest thoughts from you about my writings....
annusha said…
well r u alkin of ur mother..i just joined reading ur blog..and i keep wonering what has happened that u cant simply pick up the phone..will u enlighten me ;)
annusha
annienusha@wordpress.com
Priyanka Khot said…
You made me cry!
Anonymous said…
Made ms miss home and
Made me miss someone I once loved dearly
Lopamudra said…
I always come back to this post. I have read it and re-read it so many times, but it never ceases to cloud my eyes. Big hug. Remember, you are family :)

Popular Posts